Evil Twin Brewing is proudly a family-run operation, so, naturally the desire is to create an environment where everyone can feel comfortable and at home. A family team is best when it’s a group of individuals who care for each other, communicate, grow, and commit to enjoying the process of creating common values. Evil Twin Brewing NYC is looking for candidates that epitomize these characteristics and desires to learn and grow.
Summary of Position
The Cellarperson/Packaging Operator is responsible to maintain and execute all functions according to direction and policy at the highest level of quality, expectation and efficiency. Tasks include but are not limited to all aspects of raw material handling, transfers, finished beer monitoring, delivery receiving and general cleanliness and sanitation. It is important to maintain a high standard of cellarwork/packaging while having an equally high standard for cleanliness. The right candidate will have a strong work ethic and strong desire to better understand professional brewing processes, equipment and techniques. It is also important that the role maintain a high level of communication with Director or Brewing Operations, Brewers and the GM/Ownership on daily operations. As noted, work will include general packaging, cellarwork and sanitation practices administered at the highest standard in order to meet production goals.
It is of the utmost importance that the Cellarperson/Packaging Operator has a strong desire to learn, grow and work as a team. Evil Twin Brewing is a family-run business and we are looking for the right candidate to be a part of that family.
Duties and Responsibilities
Cellarperson/Packaging duties Operator include but are not limited to:
- Execute all cleaning and sanitation
- Assist in operations of mobile canning to ensure efficient performance and to maintain the highest quality standard of packaged beer.
- Rack beer into kegs as directed by Director of Brewing Ops and Brewers.
- Regularly clean and maintain all cooperage.
- Assist in organization of all brewing related materials
Knowledge and Skills/Experience
- 1-2 years professional brewery experience
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including but not limited to weekdays/nights and holidays as necessary.
- Understanding of professional brewing practices, ingredients, equipment, sanitation and quality control.
- Ability to quickly learn and understand packaging practices and procedures (canning, kegging and barrel aging).
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to operate heavy machinery including but not limited to a forklift, hand truck and pallet jack.
- Ability to safely handle various types of chemicals.
- Ability to adhere to safety practices and requirements at all times.
- Willingness to participate in festivals and other promotional events while representing the brand and brewery in a professional manner.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift and move heavy objects up to 170lbs.
- Ability to work in a variety of temperatures ranging from 30f-110f.
- Desire to continue to learn and grow in every aspect of Evil Twin Brewing as they arise.